Networking and entertainment
Oulu has a lot of entertainment to offer
Networking is a vital part of conferences and meetings. The visitors might meet leading field experts and it is imperative that they get the opportunity to make the most out of these contacts. The real information exchange happens when people network and build report, which is why it is important to arrange enough leisure time during each conference and meeting.
The benefit of arranging a large event in Oulu is that the city has a lot to offer for the visitors. Oulu has a compact city centre from where you can easily reach several other attractions by foot. The more leisure time you have, the more the city has to offer.
Entertainment and networking
Entertainment and leisure time during a congress can be something simple and fun. The aim is to create an atmosphere of joy and memorable experiences. Here you will find some ideas and tips for entertainment:
- Finland has a beautiful and unique nature to show your guests. Our nature is often an exotic experience for our tourists, whether it is winter or summer and sometimes experiencing the nature scenery is all you need.
- Spending time in the country offers a lot of activities: walks in the forest, ice fishing in spring, paddling in clean waters or a dip in the ice cold waters through a hole in the ice during winter.
- Take your guests to Hailuoto for a walk on the ice, ice fishing or for a stay in a fisherman’s hut overnight. Enjoy the serene landscape and absolute quietness in a fresh and clean nature.
- Take a Bicycle tour along the Oulu River from Nallikari to the Lasaretti Island. Oulu is renowned for excellent bicycling tracks and good roads.
- If your guests want something racier, you can take them to the wilderness on a Quad Bike Safari to Syöte, or race down the river in Koiteli or go kart racing.
- Some memorable sites are never far away: A few hour’s drive will take you to the Arctic Circle to meat Santa Claus, to Kemi on a cruise with an icebreaker or to the Snow castle of Kemi, Ruka or Syöte. You can make these trips either before or after your event.
Attractions in the close proximity of the city centre
- Central Market Square & the old granaries
- Nallikari, The Seaside Restaurant
- The Pedestrian Street Rotuaari
- More than 650 km of cycling routes
- Tietomaa Science Centre
- Summer Stock Theatres
Recreational sites and attractions
- Golf (30 min, 23km)
- Koiteli & the river waterfalls (30min, 25km)
- Virpiniemi Outdoor Park (30min, 23km)
- Hailuoto (1h, 35km)
- Kierikkikeskus – A Stone Age Village (1h, 55km)
- Rokua Geopark (1h, 80km)
- Syöte National Park – Finland’s most southern fell area (2h, 140km)
- Kemi Snow Castle ja Sampo ice breaker (1,5h, 100km)
- Polar Circle, Rovaniemi (3h, 230km)
- Kuusamo & Ruka (3h, 240km)